Directions0/0 steps made
- Blend together spinach, chilies, ginger, garlic pods and cashew nuts in a blender with 1/2 cup water till smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, and add cinnamon, bay leaf and cardamom pods. Sauté for a minute and add minced garlic and onions to it. Cook the onions till they are translucent and add coriander powder and salt to the pan. Mix and cover and cook for 8-10 minutes till the tomatoes are soft.
- Pour in the blended spinach mixture and kasuri methi to the pan and mix well. Bring this to a boil and turn the heat down to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add the garam masala and mix well.
- Check for seasoning and add more salt if required (be careful with salt as spinach can be quite salty).
- Add the cream and paneer to the gravy. Mix gently so as not to break the paneer. Serve this palak paneer hot with chapatis or rice.